Christiana Care, Delaware’s largest health system and 21st in the nation for admissions, offers remarkable resources and phenomenal benefits to support our nurses and their careers. As one of the area’s most respected health systems, we know just how vital the nurse’s role is to maintaining the level of sophisticated care for which we’re known. Here, nursing is the centerpiece of the care continuum, valued by physicians and hospital management alike.
In 2010 and 2016, Christiana Care Health System achieved Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Only 6 percent of the nation’s hospitals have earned this honor, the highest level of national recognition awarded to health care organizations that demonstrate sustained excellence in nursing care. Christiana Care was the first hospital in Delaware to achieve Magnet status.
Thomson Healthcare, a nationally recognized provider of health care information, named Christiana Care among the top 15 major teaching hospitals. And since we are a comprehensive health system that is constantly evolving and expanding, there’s no limit to the opportunities you’ll find here now and throughout your career.
Christiana Care provides all the tools you’ll need today and tomorrow, including:
- First-rate equipment and facilities.
- A commitment to patient and workplace safety.
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities, including nurse internships.
Christiana Care works hard to ensure you’re able to have a life outside of the hospital; we’ve instituted innovative programs to make sure your schedule is fair and flexible.
Your nursing education isn’t over once you receive your diploma. We offer remarkable resources and unsurpassed teamwork to ensure that your knowledge is able to grow along with your career.
- Empirical research shows graduate nurses who go through a residency program have a higher success rate in practice. Therefore, Christiana Care Health System is committed to supporting all nurses who have less than a year’s worth of experience through a nurse residency program.
- Extensive orientation program on your first day.
- Experienced staff put expertise and guidance always within arm’s reach.
- We offer student nurse externships as professional development and continuing education opportunities for undergraduate who are enrolled in a BSN program.
A rewarding career awaits you at Christiana Care
Start your search for a new career today.