Christiana Care Health System is committed to supporting the growth and development of individuals wishing to pursue careers in healthcare. The Ruth Shaw Junior Board Scholarship program provides the financial assistance necessary to enable individuals to pursue their dreams of careers in nursing or allied health.
- Christiana Care employees who have local permanent residence and who demonstrate our organization’s Core Value behaviors and dedication to The Christiana Care Way, and demonstrate a commitment to earn a BS/BSN degree.
- College students with local permanent residence who are currently enrolled in an accredited, nursing program or high school graduates with local permanent residence accepted into an accredited, college-level nursing or allied health program.
- Scholarship funds are available to offset the cost of tuition and textbooks. In exchange for receiving this financial assistance, students commit to one year of employment with Christiana Care upon graduation. Scholarship recipients are selected based on academic achievement (2.8 minimum GPA) and commitment to serving others.
Completed applications include
- Application for admission including a GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- A minimum three-paragraph essay.
- Unofficial transcripts from your most recent academic program (college/high school).
- Two letters of recommendation provided from individuals who are able to directly comment on your community, volunteer or work experience. Instructor and/or supervisor preferred. Letters must be either submitted electronically by the recommender or mailed to the address provided, in a sealed envelope.
Successful candidates will be invited to interview. We will be accepting applications from February 14, 2020 through April 30, 2020. For more information contact: