Share this Job
Systems Analyst - Women & Childrens Job
Date: May 1, 2013
Location: New Castle, DE, US
Job Title: Systems Analyst - Women & Childrens
Location: New Castle, DE
Acute Care IT Systems Analyst, Women and Children
Christiana Care Health System (CCHS) is a nationally-recognized healthcare provider serving northern Delaware and the surrounding areas. We are a non-profit organization with excellent benefits. Even though we are a non-profit, we are one of the 10 largest employers in the Philadelphia region with 10,000+ employees and more than 5 million patient visits annually.
Are you passionate about leveraging your IT skills to serve the community while advancing your career in the exciting, fast-moving healthcare information technology field?
It's all right here at Christiana Care, where over 300 dedicated and talented IT personnel use cutting edge technology to support the Christiana Care mission…COME SEE FOR YOURSELF!! Christiana Care is expanding and so are our technology opportunities. Our IT department is large, growing, and very stable – our benefits are excellent and management believes in promoting from within. We encourage you to explore opportunities on the CCHS IT team!
Take the lead to support, initiate, and guide IT initiatives within a critical area at Christiana Care. Partner with group management and key personnel to map business processes. Analyze business processes, identify operating issues and areas for operational improvements, define alternatives, develop recommendations, and assist/lead IT team to create and execute solutions. Assess and guide testing efforts and lead/coordinate software and systems implementations, upgrades, configurations, and support for business area systems and applications; ensure quality and regulatory compliance. Monitor and improve ongoing support for area IT systems and act as internal consultant to management regarding IT practices, techniques, and potential solutions across the department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct Interviews within department to determine organizational goals and regulatory requirements and areas for workflow improvement
- Develop and implement process efficiencies to enhance workflow and meet patient safety goals
- Lead/oversee/ensure functionality of application updates and system implementations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have very strong computer skills
- 3 or more years of Clinical Information Systems experience in acute care
- Experience with the following applications preferred: Cerner Millenium or Crib Notes
- Preferred Clinical experience at level of RN or LPN in a Women’s and Children’s department
- Demonstrated ability to improve business processes within a Healthcare department (not just enterprise-level). This includes mapping and analysis of business processes
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or genetic information.
Job Classification: Information Systems
Job Requisition #: 29822BR
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segments: Systems Analyst, Information Systems, Law, Testing, Compliance, Technology, Legal
Find similar jobs: