Senior Data Analyst
This Senior Data Analyst provides analytical leadership and support to ensure that the service lines are optimized to improve outcomes. In addition to analysis of outcome measure reporting, responsibilities include supporting quality, patient safety and process improvement projects which align with the organization’s strategies for optimal health, exceptional experience and organizational vitality.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aggregation and development of clinical and operational reports to support the business in service line evaluation
- Evaluating large amounts of healthcare data to find meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships
- Monitoring data quality and analyzing data using statistical tools
- Presenting data in charts, graphs, tables and leveraging relational databases for collecting data
- Responsible for transforming the data into business information that helps inform decision making
- Ability to interpret and present the findings to the organization and key stakeholders
- Identify, design and/or recommend resources and analytical methods to support the performance improvement activities to meet organizational goals/needs (i.e. dashboards incorporating clinical and business metrics tailored to strategic or operational goals)
- Develop reports/dashboards and train others on the use of a specific analytics platforms (i.e. Tableau, PowerChart analytics), including coaching about the appropriate procedure available within the platform that will most effectively address a specific problem.
- Propose methods to minimize confounding variables and limitations of data.
- Provide statistical mentoring and methodological support to quality and process improvement work efforts.
- Manage, coach, and/or mentor less experienced quality professionals in higher level use of data analytical tools
- Lead efforts to interpret counterintuitive data in light of alternative scenarios not otherwise foreseen by clinical evidence or the organization’s standard work.
- Develop dashboards and scorecards using advanced visualization techniques and data capabilities such as embedding analytics in clinical and business process tools or designing dashboards tailored to strategic goals.
- Translate business requirements for dashboard data into accurate business intelligence to meets customer needs while maintaining high standards of methodological integrity.
- Function as a consultant to senior leadership about what the data means from a strategic perspective.
- Demonstrate expertise in the use of analytical and statistical tools and techniques (e.g., hypothesis testing, statistical process control, distribution, and control charts) to identify when, where, and how to measure processes and systems and make decisions supported by data.
- Promote a culture of trust, open communication, innovative thinking, appropriate risk taking, continuous improvement and learning that leads to sustained results and optimal performance.
- Facilitate an environment oriented to collaboration and problem solving.
- Convey enthusiasm and strive to motivate and inspire team members.
- Communicate the results of data analytics clearly, consistently, and appropriately to stakeholders.
- Remain current with applicable regulatory requirements
- Attend meetings and in-service/educational programs and other activities as requested
- Assume personal responsibility for ongoing professional growth; exhibit a high level of professionalism; serves as a role model for staff and others in the organization
- Prepare projects for publication and external presentation
- Actively serve as a member of a local or national quality related organization
- Seeks out peer and benchmark data for comparative analysis.
- Maintains basic understanding of medical terminology and ICD-9/ICD-10 coding and basic statistical analysis for reports.
- Assess appropriate inclusion/exclusion of data based on defined data dictionary; assists in evaluation of data dictionaries.
- Establishes and performs quality control checks for assigned databases.
- Participates, when appropriate, on population based outcome teams to ensure data integrity and facilitate data analysis and synthesis.
- Identifies issues with data collection methods and determines need for changes in data collection and management processes.
- Works with Data Analysis & Reporting Manager to develop population based report cards and population based outcome teams regular data reports.
- Provides or updates report cards, population based outcome teams regular data reports and other established reports on a regular basis without prompting.
- Provides ad hoc reports as directed.
- Maintains competency in Midas +, Power Chart, Centricity, PowerInsight, Tableau, Access, Word, EXCEL, Powerpoint and other applications specific to duties.
- Advances knowledge of current computer software and demonstrates ability to learn and utilize new technology, concepts and software applications and assimilate them into daily work routine.
- Maintain a collaborative professional working relationship with staff, clinicians and administrative staff as necessary to gather data and evaluate care management processes.
- Maintains clear documentation and evaluation of work.
- Participate as appropriate in Committees to disseminate clear, concise, meaningful evaluations of particular Safety, Patient Experience, or Performance Improvement initiatives.
- Assures methods for evaluation of Service Line Performance Improvement, Safety, or Patient Experience initiatives meet/exceed accreditation, certification, regulatory, and institutional standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient/members and staff information; compliant with HIPPA regulations.
- Maintain required credentials; assume responsibility for ongoing professional growth; exhibit a high level of professionalism; act as role model for staff and others in the organization.
- Perform assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs assignments that need to be completed, even when outside the scope of routine responsibilities; adaptable to changing departmental conditions: teamworker.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
Regular/daily contact with Analytics and Reporting Manager. Frequent contact with Corporate Director Ambulatory and Network Quality, Service Line Leadership, medical records personnel, Senior Leadership, and information systems.
Occasional contact with members of the multi-disciplinary care teams and ancillary departments as necessary to evaluate Performance Improvement Initiatives or to achieve improvements in operational efficiencies and clinical quality.
DIRECTION/SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Reports directly to Data Analytics and Reporting Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Requires 4 years of experience in with clinical data for statistical analysis
- Expertise with technologies such as SAS, SPSS, Tableau, Excel, Minitab, Power Insight, Qlikview.
- Expertise in using electronic medical records, Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Clinical or healthcare background preferred
Day shift, No Rotation
Job Requisition #:
Environmental Service/Housekeeping/Service Assistant I
Day shift, No Rotation
Service Assistant II
Day shift, No Rotation
Sterile Processing Technician - Wilmington Location
Day Shf, Rotat All M/D/E
Emergency Management Planner | Part-time
Day shift, No Rotation
Day shift, No Rotation
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Christiana Hospital, Newark, Delaware.
This 1,007-bed, 1.3-million-square-foot modern facility provides a level of care only available in large-scale teaching hospitals. Christiana Hospital includes Delaware's only Level-I Trauma center (as verified by the American College of Surgeons), which is prepared to handle the most extreme medical emergencies. In fact, it is the only Level-I Trauma center on the East Coast corridor between Baltimore and Philadelphia. Christiana Hospital has also been nationally recognized in U.S. News & World Report's Best Regional Hospitals rankings as #1 in Delaware and #3 in the Philadelphia metro area, plus High Performing in 9 Adult Procedures/Conditions.