Student Nurse Externships
Christiana Care offers a Paid Student Nurse Externship (SNE) Position for student nurses. This position is continuous and is offered all year round. This is an excellent way to gain insightful experience to work in an acute care setting as a professional nurse. The SNE role is similar to a Patient Care Technician completing basic patient care, Vital Signs, Blood Glucose testing, and hygiene and comfort measures under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Note: Our Externships are not for Summer Only or Winter Only.
The Student Nurse Extern position is a Casual position in which applicants will be required to work at least 16 hours biweekly working rotating Day/Evening/Midnight shifts along with working weekends and holidays based upon department guidelines. Based upon business needs, departments may have applicants work the minimum of 16 hours biweekly or more. Most departments in Christiana Care are willing to work around students’ classes and clinical rotations.
Our Student Nurse Externship begins two different times each year, in the beginning of January and June.
The position is posted twice, in the beginning of September and February.
- Must be enrolled in an Accredited Bachelors of Science Nursing Program with the ultimate goal of becoming a Registered Nurse.
- One round of Clinical Experience is required for the Externship.
- Open to Sophomore, Junior and Senior Nursing Students.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- Applicants must be able to attend the mandatory classroom training portion of the program; these dates will be outlined during the interview process.
How to Apply
- Provide letter of intent stating why you would like to become a Nurse, as well as a copy of unofficial transcript. (Note: Due date of items will be listed on the Job posting.)
If you have any questions, please reach out at via phone (302) 327-5555 or email us.