End Date: 1/28/2022
Location: Elkton, Maryland
Position Type: Management/Executive, Nursing
Shift: Evening Shift, Rotation Evening/Morning
Job Summary: In addition to performing all of the duties of a Registered Nurse, plan, manage and coordinate the clinical and administrative functions as assigned.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Plans, schedules, coordinates, and assigns work and establishes goals and priorities for nursing and support staff in a health care setting.
- Provides supervision over the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care in an assigned health care setting.
- Assists in the management of a comprehensive improvement program to ensure that program and services meet accrediting standards for The Joint Commission (TJC) and other accrediting programs.
- Assesses available resources, patient and unit needs and assigns staffing according to patient acuity.
- Assists in the development and implementation of staff education and orientation, specific job related training, and other approaches to provide opportunities for staff flexibility and development.
- Resolves problems encountered by the employee or patient during the course of the assigned shift.
- Coordinates and participates in the development of the performance evaluation program within the unit; monitors and documents performance; provides on-going feedback regarding levels of performance; and formally evaluates employees in relation to performance.
- Directs, coordinates, and participates in the professional nursing care of patients within an assigned unit pursuant to the objectives and policies of the agency, the nursing process, and established nursing standards.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the interview and hiring process.
- Implements safety and quality improvement standards and develops procedures to ensure compliance.
- Implements and interprets policies and procedures developed by higher level managers or supervisors.
- Assists in developing, recommending, and coordinating the implementation of new procedures for the assigned unit.
- May assist in the development and monitoring of departmental budget.
- Gives necessary instruction in the performance of special clinical or health procedures in the utilization and maintenance of new equipment.
- Maintains personnel productivity at acceptable levels for unit based standards.
- Receives formal and informal grievances and conducts preliminary discussions for settlement when necessary.
- Recommends disciplinary action for employees as necessary to their nurse manager.
- Performs full performance level professional nursing work and enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, in-service meetings, workshops and evidence based practice.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred. National specialty certification for that particular specialty unit within one year of hire. Additional certification as required per unit.
Licenses / Certifications: Current Maryland RN license or RN license from a compact state. American Heart Association BLS
EEO Statement: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
“Both as a patient and a caregiver, I have witnessed our core values of love and excellence firsthand.”
“I am so proud to be a part of ChristianaCare due to its emphasis on our core values of Love and Excellence.”
Director, Employee Health
“What started out as a temporary assignment has taken me on a career journey as a Medical Assistant to my current role as a Social Worker.”
“During our COVID-19 response I witnessed each of us coming together, not only as individual teams, but as an organization.”
Administrative Services Coordinator
“For me, ChristianaCare is a place of personal growth.”
Conference Support AV/IT Analyst
“I have been with ChristianaCare for 9 years. Through these 9 years, I have really been able to grow my career and apply my talents within the company.”
Manager, Practice Operations
“ChristianaCare is deeply committed to professional development. As we seek new knowledge and continuously improve through feedback, we support our case managers through the achievement of professional certification in case management.”
Vice President, CareVio
Assistant Nurse Manager - Emergency Department - Union Hospital
Evening Shift, Rotation Evening/Morning
Nurse Manager - Progessive Care and Intensive Care Unit - Union Hospital
Day Shift, No Rotation
Assistant Nurse Manager - Day/Midnight - NICU
Day Shift, Rotation Day/Morning
Nurse Manager-Surgical Critical Care Complex & Transitional Surgical Unit
Day Shift, No Rotation
Assistant Nurse Manager - 5 North Medical - Wilmington
Evening Shift, Rotation Evening/Morning
Why do WE offer careers full of possibilities?
At ChristianaCare, we’re committed to treating everyone with dignity and respect. We believe in a safe, inclusive work environment that fosters collaboration between caregivers from all walks of life. We know that each unique viewpoint is vital in delivering high-quality, safe patient care to everyone who walks through our doors. Our policies, benefits, hiring practices, employee resource groups, and corporate citizenship demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity throughout our system.
Why do we embrace inclusion and diversity? For the Love of Health.
We serve together in Love and Excellence. Our unique values, Love and Excellence are bold and powerful, and they are the reason why working for ChristianaCare is special. The behaviors associated with our values guide how caregivers interact with everyone they work with and make for an exceptional work experience. We believe that when you lead with Love, Excellence is inevitable.
ChristianaCare’s comprehensive total rewards package is one of the most competitive in the region. We are proud to offer excellent benefits that reflect the organization’s commitment to being exceptional today and even better tomorrow.
At ChristianaCare, we provide access to high-quality and affordable benefits designed to meet our caregivers where they are. You can tailor your benefits to meet your needs now and adjust them as your priorities change.
Take advantage of ChristianaCare’s wide-ranging benefit offerings from supporting optimal health through medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage to valuable wellness and work/life programs, which include paid parental leave, coverage for infertility and assisted reproductive technologies, an employer-funded short-term disability program, and more.
Our region offers a diversity of cultures, lifestyles, sports and entertainment events, housing options and educational opportunities. Located between Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., our locations provide easy access to two international airports, employment opportunities in a tri-state area, and proximity to some of the nation's top universities and colleges, as well as beaches in MD, DE and NJ!Why Delaware? Why Maryland?