End Date: 8/18/2022
Location: Elkton, Maryland
Position Type: Case Management/Social Worker, Clinical (non-nursing)
Shift: Day Shift, No Rotation
Job Summary: The Therapist/Group Facilitator provides individual, family, and group psychotherapy for patients in the OMHC. This position is primarily responsible for providing psychotherapy to a caseload of patients, and in addition works in collaboration with the IOP Coordinator to assist in providing group therapy in the Intensive Outpatient Program. Responsible for psychosocial assessments, psychotherapy, treatment planning, and discharge planning. Works collaboratively with an inter-disciplinary team to coordinate all aspects of client care. Participate in interdisciplinary treatment team rounds.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Provision of confidential assessments, individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, treatment planning, and discharge planning, in accordance with state and federal regulations and within the timeframes established by the program.
2. Complete comprehensive psycho-social assessments. Formulate clinical diagnostic impression in accordance with DSM V criteria.
3. Develops, reviews, and updates collaborative treatment plans in conjunction with patient/family and treatment team.
4. Provision of group therapy in Intensive Outpatient Program in accordance with state and federal regulations and within time frames established by program.
5. Assists in development of group material in collaboration with IOP Coordinator.
6. Develops collaborative discharge and aftercare plans with patients.
7. Identifies community resources, refers, and coordinates patient connection to resources when clinically indicated and with patient consent.
8. Assures continuity of care through communication with multiple agencies throughout the county and referring area.
9. Maintains documentation on all patient encounters and services in accordance with program regulations, policies and procedures.
10. Communicates and collaborates effectively with patients, physicians, social workers, payors, and administrators to ensure safe and efficient services.
11. Provides crisis assessment and intervention as needed.
12. Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team environment under direction of Clinical and Medical Director.
13. Performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Possess a working knowledge of confidentiality, assessments, individual, family, and group therapy, crisis intervention, substance abuse treatment, case management, and client advocacy.
- Ability and willingness to work with a wide variety of patients and maintain professionalism in an office and virtual therapeutic environment.
- The ability to perform work independently, and make decisions consistent with current policies, procedures, and ethical standards.
- Skilled in organization, time management, caseload management, psychopathology, and evidenced based therapeutic techniques.
- Ability to assess, adapt, and effectively respond to changing/or crisis environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with both internal and external customers.
- Basic computer skills, ability to use Microsoft, Electronic Medical Record, and Virtual Video technology.
Work Schedule: This is an exempt position and may require a flexible schedule. Normal operating hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
EEO Statement: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
“Both as a patient and a caregiver, I have witnessed our core values of love and excellence firsthand.”
“I am so proud to be a part of ChristianaCare due to its emphasis on our core values of Love and Excellence.”
Director, Employee Health
“What started out as a temporary assignment has taken me on a career journey as a Medical Assistant to my current role as a Social Worker.”
“During our COVID-19 response I witnessed each of us coming together, not only as individual teams, but as an organization.”
Administrative Services Coordinator
“For me, ChristianaCare is a place of personal growth.”
Conference Support AV/IT Analyst
“I have been with ChristianaCare for 9 years. Through these 9 years, I have really been able to grow my career and apply my talents within the company.”
Manager, Practice Operations
“ChristianaCare is deeply committed to professional development. As we seek new knowledge and continuously improve through feedback, we support our case managers through the achievement of professional certification in case management.”
Vice President, CareVio
Case Manager (RN) | Part Time
Day Shift, No Rotation
Case Manager (RN)
Day Shift, No Rotation
Practice Supervisor - Wilmington Behavioral Health
Day Shift, No Rotation
Senior Psych Social Worker - Evening Shift
Evening Shift, No Rotation
Clinical Therapist- Substance Abuse Program
Day Shift, No Rotation
Why do WE offer careers full of possibilities?
At ChristianaCare, we’re committed to treating everyone with dignity and respect. We believe in a safe, inclusive work environment that fosters collaboration between caregivers from all walks of life. We know that each unique viewpoint is vital in delivering high-quality, safe patient care to everyone who walks through our doors. Our policies, benefits, hiring practices, employee resource groups, and corporate citizenship demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity throughout our system.
Why do we embrace inclusion and diversity? For the Love of Health.
We serve together in Love and Excellence. Our unique values, Love and Excellence are bold and powerful, and they are the reason why working for ChristianaCare is special. The behaviors associated with our values guide how caregivers interact with everyone they work with and make for an exceptional work experience. We believe that when you lead with Love, Excellence is inevitable.
ChristianaCare’s comprehensive total rewards package is one of the most competitive in the region. We are proud to offer excellent benefits that reflect the organization’s commitment to being exceptional today and even better tomorrow.
At ChristianaCare, we provide access to high-quality and affordable benefits designed to meet our caregivers where they are. You can tailor your benefits to meet your needs now and adjust them as your priorities change.
Take advantage of ChristianaCare’s wide-ranging benefit offerings from supporting optimal health through medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage to valuable wellness and work/life programs, which include paid parental leave, coverage for infertility and assisted reproductive technologies, an employer-funded short-term disability program, and more.
Our region offers a diversity of cultures, lifestyles, sports and entertainment events, housing options and educational opportunities. Located between Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., our locations provide easy access to two international airports, employment opportunities in a tri-state area, and proximity to some of the nation's top universities and colleges, as well as beaches in MD, DE and NJ!Why Delaware? Why Maryland?