End Date: 7/31/2021
Location: Elkton, Maryland
Position Type: Laboratory
Shift: Day Shift, No Rotation
Responsible for directing the activities, programs, and personnel of a designated department within the clinical laboratory. Works in conjunction with the Laboratory Manager, Laboratory Director, and the Medical Director to ensure quality delivery of laboratory services. Ensures compliance to all quality and regulatory requirements.
Achieves and maintains-of-the-art technical andprofessional skills and knowledge. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrating behaviors that meet the values and norms of Union Hospital.
- Being accessible to testing personnel to provide on-site, telephone, or electronic consultation to resolve technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Coordinating and directing the quality control program in the section according to established procedures, in compliance with all regulatory standards, and in a manner that ensures the delivery of a highly valued service.
- Maintaining adequate and appropriate levels of inventory of departmental supplies with no compromise of work.
- Maintaining departmental procedure manuals on a current basis.
- Maintaining a preventive maintenance program for all equipment within the department and ensuring the availability of documentation for such.
- Continually developing and maintaining a comprehensive up-to-date training program for new employees in the section and providing required documentation of such.
- Continually developing and maintaining a comprehensive up-to-date competency assessment program for employees in the section and providing required documentation of such.
- Performing introductory, periodic, and annual performance evaluations for employees within the section according to HR policy.
- Consulting with the Laboratory Manager, Laboratory Director, and Medical Director of the laboratory in keeping them informed of activities, needs, and/or problems. Assisting in the identification of departmental and inter-departmental problems in a timely manner and actively work to resolve such through development of policies that ensure continual departmental improvement.
- Assisting in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of candidates for positions within the section as
- Coordinating the investigation and evaluation of new procedures/technologies for the section in an effort to provide appropriate test menus while maintaining increasing productivity, reliability, and quality ofservices provided.
- Ensuring that the section is in compliance with CAP, JCAHO, CLIA, state, and other regulatory agencies requirement (as applicable) at all times.
- Setting the standard for safety within the section and ensuring compliance of the section to all policies and procedures established by the laboratory, hospital, CDC, and OSHA.
- Performs all duties as a Laboratory Technologist in the section as outlined on the Laboratory Technologist Job Description.
Education: Minimum of Bachelors in Medical Technology or chemical, physical, or biological science
Licenses / Certifications: None
Experience: Four years training/experience in high complexity testing in respective specialty
Work Schedule: Full-Time
“Both as a patient and a caregiver, I have witnessed our core values of love and excellence firsthand.”
“I am so proud to be a part of ChristianaCare due to its emphasis on our core values of Love and Excellence.”
Director, Employee Health
“What started out as a temporary assignment has taken me on a career journey as a Medical Assistant to my current role as a Social Worker.”
“During our COVID-19 response I witnessed each of us coming together, not only as individual teams, but as an organization.”
Administrative Services Coordinator
“For me, ChristianaCare is a place of personal growth.”
Conference Support AV/IT Analyst
“I have been with ChristianaCare for 9 years. Through these 9 years, I have really been able to grow my career and apply my talents within the company.”
Manager, Practice Operations
“ChristianaCare is deeply committed to professional development. As we seek new knowledge and continuously improve through feedback, we support our case managers through the achievement of professional certification in case management.”
Vice President, CareVio
Day Shift, No Rotation
Day Shift, No Rotation
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST - FT - 3p-11:30p; e/o Weekend Req. from 3p-11:30p
Evening Shift, No Rotation
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST - Casual Part Time - Days
Day Shift, Rotation Day/Evening
Histology Technician | Midnight Shift
Morning Shift, No Rotation
Why do WE offer careers full of possibilities?
At ChristianaCare, we’re committed to treating everyone with dignity and respect. We believe in a safe, inclusive work environment that fosters collaboration between caregivers from all walks of life. We know that each unique viewpoint is vital in delivering high-quality, safe patient care to everyone who walks through our doors. Our policies, benefits, hiring practices, employee resource groups, and corporate citizenship demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity throughout our system.
Why do we embrace inclusion and diversity? For the Love of Health.
We serve together in Love and Excellence. Our unique values, Love and Excellence are bold and powerful, and they are the reason why working for ChristianaCare is special. The behaviors associated with our values guide how caregivers interact with everyone they work with and make for an exceptional work experience. We believe that when you lead with Love, Excellence is inevitable.
ChristianaCare’s comprehensive total rewards package is one of the most competitive in the region. We are proud to offer excellent benefits that reflect the organization’s commitment to being exceptional today and even better tomorrow.
At ChristianaCare, we provide access to high-quality and affordable benefits designed to meet our caregivers where they are. You can tailor your benefits to meet your needs now and adjust them as your priorities change.
Take advantage of ChristianaCare’s wide-ranging benefit offerings from supporting optimal health through medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage to valuable wellness and work/life programs, which include paid parental leave, coverage for infertility and assisted reproductive technologies, an employer-funded short-term disability program, and more.
Our region offers a diversity of cultures, lifestyles, sports and entertainment events, housing options and educational opportunities. Located on the I-95 corridor between Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., our location provides easy access to two international airports, employment opportunities in a tri-state area, and proximity to some of the nation's top universities and colleges, as well as beaches in MD, DE and NJ!Learn More