End Date: 8/21/2021
Location: Elkton, Maryland
Position Type: Clerical/Administrative/Billing
Shift: Day Shift, No Rotation
ChristianaCare, Union Hospital is looking for Casual Part Time Medical Assistants to work in our physicians offices as needed. This is a great opportunity to explore many different specialties! The Medical Assistant works in an office environment handling administrative and patient care tasks guided by our values of Love & Excellence.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Preparing patient rooms before and after each patient
- Taking vitals and assisting the physician with inter-office procedures.
- Maintaining health records of the patient and producing it, whenever necessary.
- Calling in prescription refills to pharmacies
- Speaking with patients including concerns from patients and relaying them to the physician.
- Assist in any clerical and receptionist duties as needed.
- Anticipates supplies provider might need and prepares each exam room for each patient.
- Assists patient in communicating with the provider; answers routine patient and family questions.
- Under provider direction gives patient information regarding test results, prescription refills & other medical services.
- Places patient in exam room, takes vital signs, documents chief complaints.
Education: High School Graduate or GED equivalent required.
Licenses: BLS required within 30 days of hire. Medical Assistant Certifications preferred.
Experience: Previous medical assistant experience preferred.
- Ability to Triage patients effectively.
- Ability to communicate with patients and physicians effectively (verbal and written).
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule.
- Ability to set priorities and solve problems.
- Fosters a team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills, computer knowledge, prioritization skills and medical terminology
“Both as a patient and a caregiver, I have witnessed our core values of love and excellence firsthand.”
“I am so proud to be a part of ChristianaCare due to its emphasis on our core values of Love and Excellence.”
Director, Employee Health
“What started out as a temporary assignment has taken me on a career journey as a Medical Assistant to my current role as a Social Worker.”
“During our COVID-19 response I witnessed each of us coming together, not only as individual teams, but as an organization.”
Administrative Services Coordinator
“For me, ChristianaCare is a place of personal growth.”
Conference Support AV/IT Analyst
“I have been with ChristianaCare for 9 years. Through these 9 years, I have really been able to grow my career and apply my talents within the company.”
Manager, Practice Operations
“ChristianaCare is deeply committed to professional development. As we seek new knowledge and continuously improve through feedback, we support our case managers through the achievement of professional certification in case management.”
Vice President, CareVio
Day Shift, No Rotation
PATIENT REGISTRATION SPECIALIST II - FULL TIME - DAYS/NIGHTS/WEEKENDS
Day Shift, No Rotation
PRE-PROCESSING REPRESENTATIVE - FULL TIME - DAYS
Day Shift, No Rotation
Imaging Support Receptionist (Clerk VI)
Day Shift, Rotation Day/Evening/Morning
PATIENT REGISTRATION SPECIALIST II - CASUAL PART-TIME - Fri. - 2nd Shift, Sat. & Sun. - 1st shift
Day Shift, Rotation Day/Evening
Why do WE offer careers full of possibilities?
At ChristianaCare, we’re committed to treating everyone with dignity and respect. We believe in a safe, inclusive work environment that fosters collaboration between caregivers from all walks of life. We know that each unique viewpoint is vital in delivering high-quality, safe patient care to everyone who walks through our doors. Our policies, benefits, hiring practices, employee resource groups, and corporate citizenship demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity throughout our system.
Why do we embrace inclusion and diversity? For the Love of Health.
We serve together in Love and Excellence. Our unique values, Love and Excellence are bold and powerful, and they are the reason why working for ChristianaCare is special. The behaviors associated with our values guide how caregivers interact with everyone they work with and make for an exceptional work experience. We believe that when you lead with Love, Excellence is inevitable.
ChristianaCare’s comprehensive total rewards package is one of the most competitive in the region. We are proud to offer excellent benefits that reflect the organization’s commitment to being exceptional today and even better tomorrow.
At ChristianaCare, we provide access to high-quality and affordable benefits designed to meet our caregivers where they are. You can tailor your benefits to meet your needs now and adjust them as your priorities change.
Take advantage of ChristianaCare’s wide-ranging benefit offerings from supporting optimal health through medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage to valuable wellness and work/life programs, which include paid parental leave, coverage for infertility and assisted reproductive technologies, an employer-funded short-term disability program, and more.
Our region offers a diversity of cultures, lifestyles, sports and entertainment events, housing options and educational opportunities. Located on the I-95 corridor between Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., our location provides easy access to two international airports, employment opportunities in a tri-state area, and proximity to some of the nation's top universities and colleges, as well as beaches in MD, DE and NJ!Learn More