End Date: 8/15/2021
Location: Elkton, Maryland
Position Type: Pharmacy
Shift: Day Shift, No Rotation
Responsible for daily management of the operations of the pharmacy's unit dose satellites on the Christiana Hospital Cecil campus. To operate a value-centric program that assures the delivery of pharmaceutical services in compliance with all regulatory agencies and hospital requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the planning, supervision, coordination and successful execution of all activities related to satellite operations.
- Responsible for the planning, supervision, coordination and successful execution of pharmacy informatics activities related to the electronic health record and other clinical software systems.
- Ensures continual compliance with all standards, laws and regulations governing the physical structure of and personnel performance within assigned areas
- Oversees a comprehensive training program for the onboarding of staff working in assigned areas.
- Initiates and implements quality assurance/safety programming that enables ongoing compliance and rapid recognition of deviation from required performance.
- Assures effective implementation of care and process changes that positively impact the pharmaceutical care provided to our patients.
- Assures compliance with medication management standards in accordance with standardized ChristianaCare policies and procedures.
- Plans new programs, renovations, staffing patterns, and services for assigned areas.
- Demonstrates a Culture of Responsibility (CoR) during event investigation, conversations with personnel and proactive identification/resolution of risky behaviors.
- Regularly collaborates with other pharmacy leaders to plan and manage efficient delivery of comprehensive pharmacy services to patients and customers.
- Identifies opportunities for cost savings and revenue generation.
- Establishes goals and objectives for assigned areas.
- Monitors compliance with manpower and operating budgets of assigned area(s) on a regular basis.
- Analyzes productivity reports; takes necessary steps to maintain optimum productivity levels.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with vendors.
- Responsible for the interview, selection, counseling, discipline, and termination of staff within assigned areas in coordination with Director of Wilmington Operations.
- Completes performance evaluations for personnel reporting directly to this position; provides guidance to supervisors in the evaluation of their staff.
- Delegates appropriate responsibilities to pharmacy supervisors to manage specific areas to which they are assigned.
- Develops and maintains written policies and procedures for day-to-day operations.
- Maintains a current knowledge of technical developments affecting scope of responsibility; participates in various local, state and national organizations.
- Represents the Pharmacy in center wide initiatives and committees regarding medication use.
- Participates in training programs for pharmacy interns, residents, and students.
- Consults with and advises members of the medical and related staff concerning information on medications, therapeutic devices, and drug therapy.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by emergency or other operational reasons for which the employee is qualified to perform.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
Frequent contact with administrative personnel, nursing personnel, physicians, other personnel, and vendors.
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
- Supervisors/Team Leaders
- Technical/Administrative staff
- Director of Wilmington Operations
- Vice President, Pharmacy Services
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Pharm.D or BS in Pharmacy required
- Advanced degree (MS, MBA, MHCDS or MHA) and/or post graduate residency program preferred
- Minimum of three years hospital pharmacy experience with at least three years experience in a supervisory/managerial role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of current pharmacy principles and practices
- Knowledge of departmental policies, procedures, and standards
- Knowledge of federal and state laws governing pharmacy practices
- Knowledge of JC requirements and standards
- Knowledge of current nursing principles and practices
- Knowledge of federal and state laws governing nursing practices
- Knowledge of operating room, anesthesia, emergency room, nursing, surgical, intensive care, and transplant procedures as they relate to pharmacy services.
- Ability to work independently within established policies and procedures
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate program operations
- Ability to accomplish established program goals and objectives
- Ability to identify, analyze, and evaluate problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to supervise and direct subordinate personnel
- Ability to exercise judgment, tact, and diplomacy
- Skill in oral and written communication
Current licensure (or eligible to reciprocate) in the State of Maryland
Sitting with intermittent standing and walking. Requires movement throughout ChristianaCare facilities.
“Both as a patient and a caregiver, I have witnessed our core values of love and excellence firsthand.”
“I am so proud to be a part of ChristianaCare due to its emphasis on our core values of Love and Excellence.”
Director, Employee Health
“What started out as a temporary assignment has taken me on a career journey as a Medical Assistant to my current role as a Social Worker.”
“During our COVID-19 response I witnessed each of us coming together, not only as individual teams, but as an organization.”
Administrative Services Coordinator
“For me, ChristianaCare is a place of personal growth.”
Conference Support AV/IT Analyst
“I have been with ChristianaCare for 9 years. Through these 9 years, I have really been able to grow my career and apply my talents within the company.”
Manager, Practice Operations
“ChristianaCare is deeply committed to professional development. As we seek new knowledge and continuously improve through feedback, we support our case managers through the achievement of professional certification in case management.”
Vice President, CareVio
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECH - FT - Day/Evening Rotation/Weekend & Holiday Rotation
Day Shift, Rotation Day/Evening
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECH - CASUAL PART-TIME DAYS/NIGHTS/WKNDS/HOLIDAYS
Day Shift, Rotation Day/Evening/Morning
Pharmacy Technician | Full Time | Midnight Shift | $5,000 Sign On Bonus
Morning Shift, No Rotation
Pharmacy Access Coordinator | Hematology Practice
Day Shift, No Rotation
Clinical Pharmacist Specialist | Focused Care Team
Day Shift, No Rotation
Why do WE offer careers full of possibilities?
At ChristianaCare, we’re committed to treating everyone with dignity and respect. We believe in a safe, inclusive work environment that fosters collaboration between caregivers from all walks of life. We know that each unique viewpoint is vital in delivering high-quality, safe patient care to everyone who walks through our doors. Our policies, benefits, hiring practices, employee resource groups, and corporate citizenship demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity throughout our system.
Why do we embrace inclusion and diversity? For the Love of Health.
We serve together in Love and Excellence. Our unique values, Love and Excellence are bold and powerful, and they are the reason why working for ChristianaCare is special. The behaviors associated with our values guide how caregivers interact with everyone they work with and make for an exceptional work experience. We believe that when you lead with Love, Excellence is inevitable.
ChristianaCare’s comprehensive total rewards package is one of the most competitive in the region. We are proud to offer excellent benefits that reflect the organization’s commitment to being exceptional today and even better tomorrow.
At ChristianaCare, we provide access to high-quality and affordable benefits designed to meet our caregivers where they are. You can tailor your benefits to meet your needs now and adjust them as your priorities change.
Take advantage of ChristianaCare’s wide-ranging benefit offerings from supporting optimal health through medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage to valuable wellness and work/life programs, which include paid parental leave, coverage for infertility and assisted reproductive technologies, an employer-funded short-term disability program, and more.
Our region offers a diversity of cultures, lifestyles, sports and entertainment events, housing options and educational opportunities. Located on the I-95 corridor between Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., our location provides easy access to two international airports, employment opportunities in a tri-state area, and proximity to some of the nation's top universities and colleges, as well as beaches in MD, DE and NJ!Learn More