End Date: 10/28/2021
Location: Newark, Delaware
Position Type: Clerical/Administrative/Billing
Shift: Day Shift, No Rotation
ChristianaCare Pain Management and Physiatry Practice is looking for a Practice Supervisor to join its team to assist the Practice Manager and Clinical Leader with primary responsibility for the daily operation of the office, ensuring adequate staffing, supplies, and patient flow resulting in excellence service to our patients for both virtual and on-site appointments. To provide supervision of the non-exempt office staff. The Supervisor works closely with and supports the practice clinicians in their ability to deliver quality care with efficiency.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as Site Supervisor in offices with no designated supervisor
- Coordinate daily services and program delivery of the practice site location establishing protocols and standards for efficient and effective office operations
- Lead and supervise daily functioning of practice location and staff, including staff performance to expectations and counseling as appropriate
- Coordinate office staff schedule, tracking staff time and attendance
- Ensure staff is providing immediate service recovery, intervening as necessary
- In coordination with practice manager, create conditions to provide for staff engagement, including staff developmental goals and programs
- Participates in staff recruitment, selection, and hiring processes, with lead responsibility for staff orientation
- Provides staff with ongoing training and development as required
- Supervise daily practice and individual clinician scheduling, billing, and productivity ensuring daily prior authorization and referral management
- Provides guidance to staff regarding insurance requirements and changes
- Lead expertise on office scheduling and billing (front and back office), providing front office functions as needed (coordinate patient flow, register/check-in patients, answer phones, work desktops, schedule appointments, collect fees, etc) while modeling service excellence
- Ensure that staff optimize clinician templates and schedules to maximize patient access and care delivery
- Ensure that any patient/family billing questions are addressed by staff appropriately intervening as necessary
- Serve as information/communication liaison between office staff and practice manager/supervisor, conducting regular staff meetings and utilizing numerous other forms of effective two-way communication
- Lead site improvement initiatives as directed by practice manager
- Accountability for petty cash process and auditing
- Provide site location medical and supply inventory control; supply request to Practice Manager
- Monitors practice budget and expenses including CME accounts in collaboration with the Practice Manager
- Provide site facility management and liaison to Practice Manager
- Coordinate on-site IT support
- Conduct patient safety and regulatory readiness audits per guidelines established by the Practice Manager; Safety first learning reporting per guidelines.
- Demonstrates compliance with Christiana Care Health Services center and departmental policies and procedures and mandatory education requirements including but not limited to safety, infection control, attendance and dress code
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years office practice experience required
- Supervisory or lead experience required
EEO Statement: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
“Both as a patient and a caregiver, I have witnessed our core values of love and excellence firsthand.”
“I am so proud to be a part of ChristianaCare due to its emphasis on our core values of Love and Excellence.”
Director, Employee Health
“What started out as a temporary assignment has taken me on a career journey as a Medical Assistant to my current role as a Social Worker.”
“During our COVID-19 response I witnessed each of us coming together, not only as individual teams, but as an organization.”
Administrative Services Coordinator
“For me, ChristianaCare is a place of personal growth.”
Conference Support AV/IT Analyst
“I have been with ChristianaCare for 9 years. Through these 9 years, I have really been able to grow my career and apply my talents within the company.”
Manager, Practice Operations
“ChristianaCare is deeply committed to professional development. As we seek new knowledge and continuously improve through feedback, we support our case managers through the achievement of professional certification in case management.”
Vice President, CareVio
Payment Posting Representative
Day Shift, No Rotation
Senior Patient Relations Representative
Day Shift, No Rotation
Administrative Assistant II - Anesthesiology Administration
Day Shift, No Rotation
Physician Billing Representative
Day Shift, No Rotation
Clerk VI - Imaging Services
Day Shift, Rotation Day/Evening
Why do WE offer careers full of possibilities?
At ChristianaCare, we’re committed to treating everyone with dignity and respect. We believe in a safe, inclusive work environment that fosters collaboration between caregivers from all walks of life. We know that each unique viewpoint is vital in delivering high-quality, safe patient care to everyone who walks through our doors. Our policies, benefits, hiring practices, employee resource groups, and corporate citizenship demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity throughout our system.
Why do we embrace inclusion and diversity? For the Love of Health.
We serve together in Love and Excellence. Our unique values, Love and Excellence are bold and powerful, and they are the reason why working for ChristianaCare is special. The behaviors associated with our values guide how caregivers interact with everyone they work with and make for an exceptional work experience. We believe that when you lead with Love, Excellence is inevitable.
ChristianaCare’s comprehensive total rewards package is one of the most competitive in the region. We are proud to offer excellent benefits that reflect the organization’s commitment to being exceptional today and even better tomorrow.
At ChristianaCare, we provide access to high-quality and affordable benefits designed to meet our caregivers where they are. You can tailor your benefits to meet your needs now and adjust them as your priorities change.
Take advantage of ChristianaCare’s wide-ranging benefit offerings from supporting optimal health through medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage to valuable wellness and work/life programs, which include paid parental leave, coverage for infertility and assisted reproductive technologies, an employer-funded short-term disability program, and more.
Our region offers a diversity of cultures, lifestyles, sports and entertainment events, housing options and educational opportunities. Located between Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., our locations provide easy access to two international airports, employment opportunities in a tri-state area, and proximity to some of the nation's top universities and colleges, as well as beaches in MD, DE and NJ!Why Delaware? Why Maryland?