End Date: 12/31/2023
Location: Elkton, Maryland
Position Type: Nursing
Shift: Morning Shift, No Rotation
Would you like to be a part of a community?
ChristianaCare, a healthcare organization with 1100 beds between two Magnet® recognized hospitals (Christiana and Wilmington) and the only Level 1 Trauma service on the East Coast corridor between Philadelphia and Baltimore. Honored repeatedly as "One of America's Best Hospitals" by U.S. News & World Report!
Three time Recognized as Magnet Status Hospitals (Christiana & Wilmington)
Growth Opportunities defined by our Clinical Ladder.
Competitive pay with shift differentials and generous paid time off.
Robust Benefits Package
Come Join Our Team! ChristianaCare, Union Hospital is committed to ensuring our patients have the highest quality of care.
We are currently hiring for a RN to work 36 hours per week on the Night shift for our Medical unit at Union Hospital in Elkton, MD. While shift is predominately 7p-7a, person selected needs to be flexible for assistance with day shift.
The Medical Unit utilizes the nursing process to deliver safe, context-dependent patient and family-centered care in accordance with the American Nurses Association Scope and Standards of Practice, which explicitly delineates those duties that all registered nurses, regardless of role, position, population, or specialty, are expected to perform competently. The Direct-Care Registered Nurse is individually responsible and accountable for maintaining competency as evidenced by integration of nursing knowledge, skills, abilities and judgment. Failure to demonstrate competent nursing practice may result in dismissal.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health and/or the situation. (Assessment)
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the nursing diagnoses or the relevant issues. (Diagnosis)
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or the situation. (Outcomes Identification)
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain the expected outcomes. (Planning)
- Implements the identified plan of care and coordinates care delivery. (Implementation) o Safely administers medication and other treatments as ordered by providers.
- Provides or delegates nursing interventions in response to the patient's medical and nursing diagnoses.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the patient and family's emotional, spiritual and cultural needs.
- Employs strategies to promote health and ensure a safe environment. (Health Teaching and Health Promotion)
- Evaluates progress toward the attainment of outcomes and revises the plan of care accordingly. (Evaluation)
- Practices ethically.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Collaborates with patients, families, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Evaluates her or his own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statues, rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- BSN preferred
- Commitment to acquiring BSN within three years of date of hire can be considered with relevant experience.
- One year med/surg experience as a RN.
- BLS required
EEO Statement: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
“Both as a patient and a caregiver, I have witnessed our core values of love and excellence firsthand.”
“I am so proud to be a part of ChristianaCare due to its emphasis on our core values of Love and Excellence.”
Director, Employee Health
“What started out as a temporary assignment has taken me on a career journey as a Medical Assistant to my current role as a Social Worker.”
“During our COVID-19 response I witnessed each of us coming together, not only as individual teams, but as an organization.”
Administrative Services Coordinator
“For me, ChristianaCare is a place of personal growth.”
Conference Support AV/IT Analyst
“I have been with ChristianaCare for 9 years. Through these 9 years, I have really been able to grow my career and apply my talents within the company.”
Director, Practice Operations
“ChristianaCare is deeply committed to professional development. As we seek new knowledge and continuously improve through feedback, we support our case managers through the achievement of professional certification in case management.”
Vice President, CareVio
Registered Nurse (RN) - Union Emergency Department - Day/Evening
Evening Shift, Rotation Evening/Morning
RN - CLINICAL DECISION UNIT (CDU) -PT 24 hours per payperiod! Rotating shifts!
Day Shift, Rotation Day/Morning
RN - CLINICAL DECISION UNIT (CDU) -PT 48 hours per payperiod! 7A to 7 P
Day Shift, No Rotation
CNA/PCT Union Hospital Campus - Full Time and Part Time - Day/Eve and Eve/Mid 12 hour Shifts
Day Shift, Rotation Day/Evening/Morning
Registered Nurse : Labor and Delivery! PT 24 hours per pay! Union Campus: Rotating shifts!
Day Shift, Rotation Day/Morning
Why do WE offer careers full of possibilities?
At ChristianaCare, we’re committed to treating everyone with dignity and respect. We believe in a safe, inclusive work environment that fosters collaboration between caregivers from all walks of life. We know that each unique viewpoint is vital in delivering high-quality, safe patient care to everyone who walks through our doors. Our policies, benefits, hiring practices, employee resource groups, and corporate citizenship demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity throughout our system.
Why do we embrace inclusion and diversity? For the Love of Health.
We serve together in Love and Excellence. Our unique values, Love and Excellence are bold and powerful, and they are the reason why working for ChristianaCare is special. The behaviors associated with our values guide how caregivers interact with everyone they work with and make for an exceptional work experience. We believe that when you lead with Love, Excellence is inevitable.
ChristianaCare’s comprehensive total rewards package is one of the most competitive in the region. We are proud to offer excellent benefits that reflect the organization’s commitment to being exceptional today and even better tomorrow.
At ChristianaCare, we provide access to high-quality and affordable benefits designed to meet our caregivers where they are. You can tailor your benefits to meet your needs now and adjust them as your priorities change.
Take advantage of ChristianaCare’s wide-ranging benefit offerings from supporting optimal health through medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage to valuable wellness and work/life programs, which include paid parental leave, coverage for infertility and assisted reproductive technologies, an employer-funded short-term disability program, and more.
Our region offers a diversity of cultures, lifestyles, sports and entertainment events, housing options and educational opportunities. Located between Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., our locations provide easy access to two international airports, employment opportunities in a tri-state area, and proximity to some of the nation's top universities and colleges, as well as beaches in MD, DE and NJ!Why Delaware? Why Maryland?
Protected health information (PHI) and HIPAA compliance
HireControl does not collect any of the following data: