End Date: 8/12/2022
Location: Elkton, Maryland
Position Type: Professional
Shift: Day Shift, No Rotation
Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health care organizations, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,299 beds), a free-standing emergency department, a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with patient, family, and other members of the healthcare team to formulate a grievance management plan that achieves appropriate and compliant resolution.
- Gathers and assesses information regarding the patients concerns, and supports the patient's perspective to other members of the healthcare team.
- Supports multiple service lines in analyzing and resolving grievances, takes ownership of feedback as well as assisting in identifying root cause.
- Interprets patients/family needs and provides information to appropriate staff.
- Directs the grievance management process for patient/family/visitor concerns and follows up with appropriate CC staff on a multi-disciplinary level to orchestrate the best possible outcome. Organizes meetings with executive management, healthcare team and patient/family to improve communication.
- Documents grievances and concerns in a timely manner and maintains compliance in accordance to policy and procedure.
- Interacts on a regular basis with multi-disciplinary groups (i.e. Risk Management, Patient Financial Services, and Performance Improvement Departments) to ensure complete and thorough review of patient grievances.
- Will lead Performance Improvement effort of analysis of patient feedback.
- Educates staff to the sensitivity of patient/family needs and provides resources to meet those needs stressing the importance of proactive communication with early identification of concerns.
- Educates staff in Service Recovery and Conflict Resolution.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports to Manager, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Will rotate through an on call program to support high level organizational issues, CANDOR and Code Delta Response Teams.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's Degree required with Behavioral Science background or equivalent in a "people oriented" field with emphasis in human relations. Minimum of 3 years of experience in a health care setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge of operations of ChristianaCare Value and Behaviors.
Knowledge of Patients' Rights and Responsibilities.
Knowledge of health care insurance and legal issues.
Skill and sensitivity to the needs of varying cultures in a diverse population.
Skill in typing and computer use: Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams.
Skill in excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication.
Skill in effective public speaking to diverse audiences.
Ability to compose responses to patients with feedback from Executive Management and Department Heads.
Ability to interact under stressful conditions, diplomatically but assertively, with both internal and external customers.
Ability to make appropriate decisions in stressful situations.
Ability to present educational materials to others.
Ability to be resourceful and creative in seeking solutions to unusual requests that may arise from patients and their families.
Ability to be tactful, flexible, empathetic, sense of humor.
Ability to handle all patient information in a confidential manner.
EEO Statement: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
“Both as a patient and a caregiver, I have witnessed our core values of love and excellence firsthand.”
“I am so proud to be a part of ChristianaCare due to its emphasis on our core values of Love and Excellence.”
Director, Employee Health
“What started out as a temporary assignment has taken me on a career journey as a Medical Assistant to my current role as a Social Worker.”
“During our COVID-19 response I witnessed each of us coming together, not only as individual teams, but as an organization.”
Administrative Services Coordinator
“For me, ChristianaCare is a place of personal growth.”
Conference Support AV/IT Analyst
“I have been with ChristianaCare for 9 years. Through these 9 years, I have really been able to grow my career and apply my talents within the company.”
Manager, Practice Operations
“ChristianaCare is deeply committed to professional development. As we seek new knowledge and continuously improve through feedback, we support our case managers through the achievement of professional certification in case management.”
Vice President, CareVio
Campus Compliance Manager
Day Shift, No Rotation
Day Shift, No Rotation
Day Shift, No Rotation
Project Coordinator (Marketing)
Day Shift, No Rotation
Payment Posting Representative
Morning Shift, No Rotation
Why do WE offer careers full of possibilities?
At ChristianaCare, we’re committed to treating everyone with dignity and respect. We believe in a safe, inclusive work environment that fosters collaboration between caregivers from all walks of life. We know that each unique viewpoint is vital in delivering high-quality, safe patient care to everyone who walks through our doors. Our policies, benefits, hiring practices, employee resource groups, and corporate citizenship demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity throughout our system.
Why do we embrace inclusion and diversity? For the Love of Health.
We serve together in Love and Excellence. Our unique values, Love and Excellence are bold and powerful, and they are the reason why working for ChristianaCare is special. The behaviors associated with our values guide how caregivers interact with everyone they work with and make for an exceptional work experience. We believe that when you lead with Love, Excellence is inevitable.
ChristianaCare’s comprehensive total rewards package is one of the most competitive in the region. We are proud to offer excellent benefits that reflect the organization’s commitment to being exceptional today and even better tomorrow.
At ChristianaCare, we provide access to high-quality and affordable benefits designed to meet our caregivers where they are. You can tailor your benefits to meet your needs now and adjust them as your priorities change.
Take advantage of ChristianaCare’s wide-ranging benefit offerings from supporting optimal health through medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage to valuable wellness and work/life programs, which include paid parental leave, coverage for infertility and assisted reproductive technologies, an employer-funded short-term disability program, and more.
Our region offers a diversity of cultures, lifestyles, sports and entertainment events, housing options and educational opportunities. Located between Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., our locations provide easy access to two international airports, employment opportunities in a tri-state area, and proximity to some of the nation's top universities and colleges, as well as beaches in MD, DE and NJ!Why Delaware? Why Maryland?